Thursday, March 1, 2018

A High School Story [Part - I]



Autumn was oncoming. Wind had gathered a bit of pace and the sun's boisterous energy was on the wane. It was also the first day of my high school. Me and my friends from our secondary school had decided on Western Academy of Computer Science (WACS) for bearing the setting for our high school adventures. 

"I hope our class has some pretty girls."

"God, let the principle be lenient in matters of tardiness"

Our conversation entailed the usual stuff as we were making our way towards the school gate. Brown, withered leaves eddied with the wind all around us. I was particularly rapt in one of these protracted eddies of swirling leaves when after a harmless giggle someone speared into my back. I, along with the girl, fell over, somehow ending up - as it is wont to do in these type of stories - in an embrace as we collided with the asphalt. Though the leads in so many of  romantic stories don't seem to register any pain incurred through such collision, I can personally vouch that it hurt like hell when I fell that day. It was a full week before I would let anyone ever so touch me on my shoulder blades. Though perhaps the pain of the leads are quelled - if not miraculously unfelt - by having a gorgeous pair of alarmed eyes sharing the fall with them. That was not the case for me. First up, my partner in this embarrassing montage was this chubby clumsy neighbor of mine, with I went to school with as well. And secondly, did I mention chubby, alright, I did. The whole crowd of on-lookers erupted in a laugh as we got up.

Embarrassment level - 110%

That too on the first day of school. Not off to a flying start I was hoping for.

"You have eyes." I fumed. " Ever thought about using them once a while."

"Ever thought about the general etiquette of not stopping dead still on the road when people are walking behind you."

That was Omita Gurung, my quick-with-a-reposte next door neighbor.  

"You're the one to talk --"

"Zip it, shorty." Omita walked off with her friend who was asking if she was hurt.

"Damn bro. You just set the precedence for an awkward first day of high school." My fiend, Yogesh, chided through his cackle. I had a uncalled-for feeling of punching his face in.

If he was not so painfully right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment